"Anthem" by Leonard Cohen

"The birds they sang at the break of day
Start again, I heard them say
Don't dwell on what has passed away
or what has yet to be...

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in"

Friday, November 7, 2008

Of Feather Boas and Bunnies...

CJ 1988 Originally uploaded by musicmuse_ca

My daughter is going through a rough patch right now. We are close, and always have been. But some things a mom just cannot fix. It is hard to watch her struggle. What can I do to help her come to terms with her crushing disappointment? How do I guide her through the sorrow of not achieving what she had her heart set on for so long? 

I wish it was as easy as it used to be when she was little. All she needed then was a feather boa and a bunny to make her day! Now her world is so much more complicated.

No comments:

Search This Blog