"Anthem" by Leonard Cohen

"The birds they sang at the break of day
Start again, I heard them say
Don't dwell on what has passed away
or what has yet to be...

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in"

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mom and me: 1962

Mom and me: 1962 Originally uploaded by musicmuse_ca
"Cactus" by Beth K

It is so hard to get my arms around it, this giant cactus, with all of her sharp spikes. I think to myself, "this time it will be different. If I approach her carefully, gently, slowly take her into my arms, this time it won't hurt."

I only want to touch the soft skin I can see just beneath her quills. The sweet fragrance of her flower draws me in.... And here I am, still pulling out each of the many quilly daggers lodged in my flesh from every other time I tried to sink into her embrace.

No comments:

Search This Blog